I'm exactly three weeks out from the Jay Cutler Classic Boston today. THREE WEEKS!! Hard to believe it's so soon. I'm making progress that I feel really proud about. It was a tough week this week, kicking my training into another gear, adding morning cardio sessions, and have three extra depleted carb days. This was the first week I really felt like my diet was taking a toll on my body. Coach saw it too, so today I got a high carb day!! Whoop Whoop!! Pancakes on pancakes for me!
For this weeks' check-in I thought I'd share my highs and lows for the week. Always starting with the lows so we can end on the high notes!
- My diet was TOUGH this week. I've been sitting at 1359 calories for a couple weeks now. This week on my non-lifting days (two cardio days and one plyometrics day) my carbs were almost entirely taken away putting me at 1189. Hard to stick to and hard to maintain energy to get through the day.
- Energy levels were at an all time low. Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday I had a hard time keeping my eyes awake and my body moving! Just felt like a slug.
Huge apology to my coworkers who felt that wrath (Sorry Steph!). I was Hangry Erin.
- Morning Cardio. I'm a morning person in the sense that I like to wake up early and lounge in my Pjs and drink coffee on the couch for an hour before I start my day. I don't like morning workouts. But to jump start my metabolism for the day, coach gave me two days to do morning cardio. 30 minutes of hills. Just how we all like to start our days.
- Leg day. This should probably be a high and a low. KILLER leg day on Monday. My body responds best to high reps and this workout was all supersets, high reps (15-20), 3-4 sets, lunges lunges and more lunges. OUCH!! But a really good ouch. My glutes were sore for 3 days.
- Nike Outlet. A new shopping center just north of the city opened a while ago but my world revolves around where I can get on two feet, thus I hadn't been yet. Ryan and I ventured out there and HELLO NIKE OUTLET!!! It was beautiful. Too exciting really. I got red shorts, a couple t-shirts, a cute striped sports bra and new shoes!!
- High Carb days. Enough said.
- My favorite songs for the week!
- "Steal My Sunshine" - Len (throwback!)
- "Peanut Butter Jelly" - Galantis
- "Unbreakable Smile" - Tori Kelly
- "Say My Name (feat. Zyra) - RAC Mix - ODESZA (on repeat!!)
- "Trampoline" - Kalin and Myles
- "America's Sweetheart" - Elle King (currently loving everything by her)
- PROGRESS!!! I've felt great this week. Strong, fierce, and more and more ready everyday.